So I recently posted about this on my instagram stories and for all those who wanted me to share the recipe, here you go… 🙂 Enjoy!
- Whole wheat flour
- Salt to taste
Mix the above mentioned ingredients and prepare the dough. Keep it aside.
- Peel and grate the beetroot
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a frying pan
- Add the grated beetroot to the pan
- Sauté on low flame for a few minutes until all the moisture leaves (the beetroot will now be partly cooked and also seem dry)
- Put off the flame
- Now add some finely chopped green chillies
- 1 teaspoon of amchur powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala
- salt to taste
Mix all the above mentioned ingredients well and keep it aside.
Now to prepare the thepla…
- Roll out small balls of the dough (5-6 inches in diameter).
- Hold in your palm, make a depression by bending your palm.
- Put some of the beetroot stuffing in this depression and close it by bringing in the sides of the dough towards the centre.
- Press them and flatten the edges with your fingers.
- Dust some flour on the dough and gently roll out making a thepla of 7-8 inches.
- Heat the tawa and place the thepla on it.
- Add oil or ghee on the sides and keep flipping it over, until cooked.
- Serve the theplas hot with a bowl of curd (mum’s favourite) – PS. add some cumin seeds powder to the curd to give it a different flavour.
- Or just enjoy it with ketchup like I do. 🙂
Now how easy was that?
Thanks for the recipe, Amma.
Hope you’ll enjoy this preparation as much as I do. It’s not only healthy but also oh so delicious!
PS. I’ve never posted a recipe like this before… Here’s hoping for more. fingers crossed
Until next time…